Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Wednesday, 15 February 2012 from 10:00 to 17:00 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Invitation to qMedia’s first HACK-A-THON!
A FREE one-day exploration in hacking. This is an opportunity to get hands-on experience in microcontroller programming, audio coding, interactive software and experimentation with sensors. Under the guidance of qMedia lecturers and researchers, you will create your own electronics project. The day will end with project presentations and prizes!
Get details, directions and map: http://qmedia.qmul.ac.uk/hackathon
Space is limited RSVP with a free ticket is required.
What to expect?
- In the morning,
- meet your qMedia mentors for the day.
- Form teams & get Arduino kits
- Start buidling your projects
- On-site lunch break
- Projects by qMedia researchers will be on display throughout the day
- End of the day:
- Present your final project to audience of qMedia professors, lectures, PhD researchers, & staff
- PRIZES AWARDED!!
- February 15, 2012
- 10:00 am – 5:00pm
- Engineering Building (Entrance facing Mile End Road)
- Room G.2 (off the main lobby across from the lifts)
- Directions to Queen Mary University of London
When & Where
qMedia Electronic Engineering & Computer Science Department
qMedia is a new Queen Mary research initiative, bringing under a single umbrella
- the Centre for Digital Music - c4dm
- the Interaction Media and Communication group - IMC
- the Multimedia and Vision Reseach group - MMV
- the Doctoral Training Centre in Media and Arts Technology DTC
-researchers in Social and Pervasive Computing